We are seeking an enthusiastic, customer service focused driver with a Class B license and experience driving large trucks to utilize your experience across your local area. You will be collecting medical waste containers from our customer locations and delivering high level customer service daily. This is a physical role involving heavy lifting; loading and unloading heavy transporters filled with our medical device (Sharpsmart Collectors) this is not an over the road position.
Driving with Daniels means making a difference. When you join our team, you are increasing the safety of healthcare clinicians, patients, and the environment. Our fleet of dedicated drivers are the backbone of our mission to Make Healthcare Safer. At Daniels, we have created a culture that grants our drivers unmitigated support and dedicated servicing routes.
What you will bring?
- Willingness to work part time hours (1day/ week)
- Safely collecting, delivering and storing our collectors
- Experience with pre-trip and post-trip vehicle evaluations
- Providing strong customer service and patience as it relates to our customers
- Class B license with a clean driving record and valid medical card
- Six months of driving experience with tractor trailers and/or straight trucks
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to work in a flexible environment
- Operate vehicles in a safe manner (straight trucks and tractor trailers as large as 26 and 53 feet long)
- Experience with DOT compliance, logging hours, roadside inspections
- Confident in a road check level 1 through level 3
- On time delivery practices!
Successful drivers have steady hours, at around 40 hours a week with overtime available, regular weekends to yourself, vacation and sick time, benefits active day 1 and the chance to work in a small close-knit team.
Let’s get down to business- what do we do?
We are a healthcare medical supplier company providing medical waste collectors to help customers such as hospitals, medical centers, VET’s, nursing homes and an array of customers within the healthcare setting to drive down needle stick injuries and positively impact infection control. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat the medical waste on site at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
If this sounds like something you or someone you know would be interested in, feel free to apply and share!
Daniels is an EEO Affirmative Action Employer
Daniels Health is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.