Responsible for coordinating and providing client asset management support, utilizing a team approach. Monitors transactions and various other client needs and wants on investment accounts, as well as other financial planning needs.
1. PROVIDES CLIENT RELATIONSHIP SUPPORT FOR ADVISORS. Facilitates and executes tasks and ensures prompt and complete follow through. Maintains Progress Review meeting schedule. Actively maintains advisors’ calendars and schedules and confirms appointments. Prepares performance reports, including certain institutional reports.
2. INTERFACES WITH CLIENTS TO PROVIDE EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE. Follows up with clients for additional information required by Advisors. Meets with clients as requested by Advisors and follows up on client questions and concerns with Advisors. Serves as contact / resource for clients calling with questions regarding their asset management accounts. Executes on directions from clients to meet any of their transactional and other needs. Forwards calls or questions that cannot be answered to an Advisor or Paraplanner as appropriate. Communicates daily with asset management team members regarding items that affect clients who are currently being served.
3. INTERFACES WITH CUSTODIANS. Initiates transactions and paperwork, and communicates with custodians on a daily basis regarding alerts. Maintains appropriate documentation and records, as required by custodians and other regulatory bodies. Serves as contact for National Advisors Trust Company, TD Ameritrade, Fidelity and Schwab to provide requested information as needed.
4. FACILITATES NEW CLIENT ONBOARDING AND ACCOUNTING OPENINGS/TRANSFERS. Works with Advisors to onboard new clients from initiation through completion. Requests contracts, DIMA Authorization Forms, driver’s license copies, and other appropriate new account and/or account transfer paperwork. Runs OFAC checks. Oversees transfer of assets and/or accounts to JFS. Coordinates preparation of an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) for each account prior to assigning a model to or trading the account. Ensures that accounts are properly set up in AdvisorView, including custom fields and sets and CRM. Sets accounts up for any special features needed, including check writing, distributions, RMD’s, margin, etc. Works directly with clients and custodians, as needed and appropriate.
5. COMPLETES ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS RELATED TO CLIENT'S ACCOUNTS. Processes additional funds into existing accounts as instructed. Provides delivery instructions for various types of assets. Processes daily deposits. Fulfills distributions requests, including ensuring cash availability. Ensures, with Advisors, that RMDs are taken appropriately. Processes account closures and client terminations, including launching appropriate workflows involving compliance, operations, and billing. Completes required and requested account maintenance and account service (ex. beneficiary changes, address changes, etc.). Assists in coordination of quarterly and semi-annual investment review report preparation, review, and processing. Runs reports and global reports in AdvisorView as needed.
CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM EFFORT. Interacts with core sub-team of Advisors, CRSs and ParaPlanner, as well as broader team of other employees to promote smooth work flow, identify and resolve problems, advance the firm’s image and accomplish results which support the mission.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as backup for other Client Relationship Specialists.
2. Updates Processes and Procedures as assigned.
3. Assist with any fee items requiring attention as needed.
4. Possesses a working knowledge of JFS’ compliance and operational policies and procedures and abides by them while fulfilling this position’s various responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Portfolio Management and Reporting software; Client Relationship Management (“CRM”) software systems; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver’s license
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be client service oriented. Must be knowledgeable of financial planning process and be familiar with wealth management services. Must be able to use Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Fidelity, and National Advisors Trust Company software. Must be able to use a PC proficiently.
Other Job Requirements:
The employee must maintain complete confidentiality regarding client names, financial information and all other matters. The position requires occasional overtime. Occasionally works at client locations which require the use of the incumbent’s own vehicle.