Work with the best. Drive your own success.
XPO Logistics, a global leader in logistics, is looking for a highly skilled specialist to bridge the communication gap between XPO and our clients. At XPO, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of. When you join us, you’ll discover that it’s more than a better job. It’s a better life.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Process orders submitted by the clients
- Document phone conversations in the XPO order management system
- Analyze issues and determine root cause and a resolution
- Maintain effective communication with installers and react to necessary manifest needs
- Act as secondary contact to escalated clients to ensure service set-up and completion, and ultimately, customer and client satisfaction
- Communicate effectively and respond to inquiries regarding entered data
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 or more years of logistics or transportation experience
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong math aptitude
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook)
It’d be great if you also have:
- Associate degree
- 2 years of experience in a call center environment
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.