We have a need for PRN/part time Clinical Aide's with availability to work any shift and any day of the week.
Position Summary: Participates in all aspects assisting in the care of the patient both clinically and administratively. Provides patient care as directed by the clinical staff in accordance with the multidisciplinary treatment plan objectives, policies and procedures of Malvern Institute. Actively cooperates with all departments including Admissions and Nursing.
Summary of Essential Position Functions:
- Promotes the safety/wellness and well-being of patients.
- Helps patients by providing information, services and assistance.
- Maintains a safe, neat and clean environment to facilitate patient safety.
- Conducts strip searches of newly admitted patients as well as patients returning from pass or at other times that the supervisor would determine a person search is necessary.
- Conducts drug screens of newly admitted patients and for-cause drug screens.
- Provides support to patients through individual interactions and group settings such as community meetings, lectures and other activities.
- Serves as liaison with 12-Step volunteers who visit the facility to provide fellowship meetings.
- Assists with family visits.
- Maintains calm in the milieu by remaining visible to the community.
- Conducts room inspections as directed by the supervisor.
- Documents significant interactions, as appropriate, in the electronic medical record.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Assists with fire safety, infection control and isolation procedures, including disposal of hazardous waste, as appropriate.
- Responds to and directs emergency situations when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Not Applicable
Qualifications: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires individuals who are client-focused and team-oriented, while demonstrating great interpersonal and communication skills. The individual is flexible to sudden changes in workload, emergencies and staffing; is dependable; demonstrates problem-solving skills; is focused on compliance and performance quality. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Clinical experience in the treatment of addiction is preferred.
Technical/Computer Skills: Microsoft Office proficient
Emergency Classification: Essential Personnel
Work Environment and Hazards: Protected from weather conditions. Risk of exposure to communicable diseases. Possible exposure to intoxicated, disruptive and agitated patients.
Physical Requirements: Moderate work – lifting 40lbs maximum. Hearing and perceiving the nature of sounds by the ear is required. Going up and down stairs multiple times per shift.
Travel Required: No