This position is responsible for providing educational support to the local Hospital Staff and the Regional Project Managers for Steward facilities in their assigned region. This position also assist the Regional Project Manager in the implementation, education, upgrades and post implementation support for clinical applications. This position will be responsible for meeting with clinical managers, management teams and users to optimize the use of current applications monitor the level of application usage, design and implement educational needs, and route escalated service call needs. It will also be important for this position to develop good working relationships with divisional and departmental directors.
1. Responsible for providing Clinical Information Systems Application education and support of all user departments.
2. Will develop and maintain education plans for I/S application used by patient care providers.
3. Will ensure that proper documentation of education completed by end users. Will schedule and conduct regular status meetings with key department, divisional and regional customer area management teams.
4. Will coordinate projects with and provide support to all technical team members in I/S.
5. Will conduct regular status meetings with staff and I/S management related to application service levels, and quality..
6. Is sensitive to user needs.
7. Maintains procedure manuals as necessary.
8. Will ensure that sufficient detail knowledge of application systems is available within each facility to support all applications. This is done through manuals, conferences, experience, or training.
9. Will ensure that qualified people are available to train on application systems for the facility.
10. Reinforces facility Policies and Procedures.
11. Assesses user and hospitals systems needs and communicates these needs to management.
12. Serves as an Information Systems resource.
13. Works with the I/S, divisional and regional management teams to develop a strategic information systems plan to meet the facilities’ needs.
14. Enforces security policies and procedures.
15. Will assist in compliance with the I/S corporate and facility budgets for both capital and operating.
16. Promotes and encourages positive relations with both internal and external customers.
17. Communicates the purpose of Information Systems and its' role in the daily operation of the hospital.
18. Answers questions regarding Information Systems
19. Markets systems features to users.
20. Is always accessible to users.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience with clinical and physician information systems with a detailed understanding of how the clinical and physician systems communicate / interact in an acute care hospital setting.
- This position requires prior clinical and physician support experience in a large hospital or IDN setting.
- Several years of relevant experience working closely with one of the major clinical and physician system’s providers, such as McKesson, Siemens, Cerner preferred. Preferred Cerner products experience.
- Current RN License in the State of Texas or possession / maintenance of a specialty clinical licensure is strongly desired.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Bachelors Degree or equivalent education / experience in Computer Science, Healthcare Informatics or similar discipline is preferred