Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Clinical Data Analyst w/BI for our client in the IT-Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Month Contract
Location: Boston MA
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Clinical Data Analyst w/BI
Primary Skill: Data Analysis
Role Description: The Clinical Data Analyst would need to have at least 4 plus years of experience.
- Analyze data in source systems to determine data relationships, element meaning and business value.
- Work with source system experts to learn systems, identify data elements and data collection business processes.
- Do profiling of data to determine table design, element usefulness and overall data quality.
- Do analysis to determine changes in source data needed to make it useful to consuming groups including mapping to standard terminologies, creating groupings, creating derived data items and filtering for data quality and business reasons
- Develop target data table and element designs to allow optimal use by people doing clinical research and outcomes analysis.
- Develop source to target mapping specifications that will allow data integration developers to build interfaces.
- Work with data integration developers to develop manual and automated processes for ensuring the quality of the data integration processes as well as overall business quality of the data.
- Develop data documentation that will provide clear descriptions of data to business users and technical staff and also clearly describe the process use to acquire and transform data into its final state.
- Provide data consulting services to business users and informatics staff.
- Work with analytics developers to develop analytic systems, algorithms and reports that will optimize user’s ability to do effective research and outcomes analysis.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Identify and help implement changes that will improve the value, quality and ease of use of data as well as the efficiency of the data delivery process.
- Minimum 4 years of experience doing data analysis of large complex data sets.
- Ability to effectively analyze “sparsely” documented relational data sets and profile data using SQL and other data profiling tools, required.
- Strong understanding of analytic data design that will allow them to implement effective and easy to use data structures.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy, required
- Experience working with healthcare data required and experience with cancer data strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyze large datasets (SAS, R), strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data exploration tools such as SAP BusinessObjects, Tableau, Spotfire, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and research privacy regulations, strongly preferred.
- Experience doing data curation and working with medical terminologies, strongly preferred.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in healthcare area, statistics, informatics, public health, Masters/Ph.D. level strongly preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field
Experience: Minimum 4 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Shilpa Kondadasula
Recruiter Phone: 781 902 6021
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Expected Travel Time: None