Job Title: Product Manager - Software Platforms - Mass Spectrometry
This role is a product manager opportunity that will be responsible for the software platform product portfolio. This software product manager establishes clear business justifications for these software products, represents the voice of customers and sales to prioritize product requirements, manage product lifecycle, define value propositions and ensure quality products that meet customer needs are delivered. A strong understanding of software product management is required. Knowledge of mass spectrometry and/or related analytical technology in the life science industries is preferred. This role will require significant collaboration with R&D, Sales and Marketing, as well as other Business units.
• Take ownership and drive decisions for planning future releases of products.
• Work cross-functionally with R&D, Service Sales and Marketing, as well as other Business units to support the execution of projects and manage the existing portfolio of products
• Drive innovation in the software platforms and protect software value for customers in the face of aggressive release timelines to meet overall business goals
• Manage product development road map for the software platform products to ensure portfolio alignment and meet the needs of the LC/MS markets
• Interact with key internal and external customers globally to understand problems, obtain feedback on new and existing products, and identify solutions
• Conduct market research to identify opportunities for current and future products
• Summarize customer input to deliver to product development team and identify user and buyer personas, user needs, and product roadmap
• Provide leadership and direction for all internal associates and external partners responsible for the project to ensure projects are successfully completed on time and consistent with organizational goals
• Manage key aspects of product commercialization to ensure success in meeting revenue goals
• Manage process of product release and launch
• Organize and drive activities cross functionally related to global product launch, including developing positioning, sales training, pricing and collateral development to ensure product launch execution
• Determine if sales training and tools are adequate and complete post launch, and drive activities to fill any remaining gaps
• Own the positioning of the software platforms
• Develop Business Plans and achieve organizational alignment for future products
• Estimate market size, segmentation and target market definition to drive a long-term product roadmap for both new and existing products, globally
• Evaluate business opportunities in terms of return on investment
• Manage updates to product roadmap considering priorities, resources, and competitive landscape
• Present business cases to VPs and President for new product development
• Monitor business and ensure tactical execution is on track to meet revenue, profitability and strategic goals
• Monitor financial performance of the software platforms (revenue, profitability and unit price) both at and after market
• Establish measures for financial performance and develop countermeasures when performance target is not met
• Manage customer, client, and support function expectations of software platforms
• Manage full product life cycle including product end-of-life (EOL) in alignment with business needs
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Marketing, Business Administration or related field; Master's degree a strong plus
• Demonstrated intimate knowledge of software development process or similar experience preferred
• Knowledge of Mass Spectrometry or related analytical technology strongly preferred
• Ability to perform exceptionally in fast paced, performance oriented environment
• Experience working in a global environment
• Experienced influencer, and capable of managing large teams without direct management responsibilities
• Proven ability to influence decisions across all levels of an organization, including executive level
• Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities and changing business needs.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently and through effective lateral influencing
• Strong process orientation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and a firm commitment to quality
• Executive presence and interaction skills
• Strong analytical capabilities
• This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites globally, with additional travel to trade shows and company sites (minimum 25%).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.