Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Clinical Information Analyst will serve as the lead clinical expert on a team of technologists working on a large-scale project to develop a clinical information repository (Penn Data Store) for the University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS).
The qualified candidate will be accountable for the following:
• Collaborate with clinicians, health care administrators, and researchers to understand their clinical reporting, compliance monitoring, and research needs.
• Conceptualize, design, and develop detailed specifications for business intelligence dashboard and ad hoc clinical reports. This includes the following:
• Analysis of existing databases for available clinically relevant, reliable, and accurate data.
• Development of detailed illustrated specifications for dashboard developers.
• Communication of specifications to dashboard developers.
Other responsibilities include:
• Validation of the dashboards developed for clinical accuracy.
• Validation of the data stored in Penn Data Store for clinical accuracy
• Testing and verification of dashboards with requesting party.
• Demonstration of dashboards to various user groups and providing training and support to users.
• On-going analysis of the health system’s numerous (60+) and growing independent information systems to determine clinical relevance, accuracy, and reliability of stored data for inclusion into the data warehouse.
The Data Analytics Center leverages Penn's massive stores of data to help everyone from corporate administration to researchers make better decisions.If you’d like to learn more about the Data Analytics Center,please visit our website!
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
• B.S. Computer/Information Science or related field and three years of related experience.
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• Medical doctor (MD), doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO), physician's assistant (PA) or equivalent medical training involving direct patient care preferred.
• Complete comprehension of medical vocabulary, practice, and the dynamics of the clinical work environment and its workflow.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Experience with SQL query writing and technical understanding preferred.
• Must be able to function well as part of a team and provide a high level of quality service to clients.
• Clinical software applications experience is a plus but not a requirement.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.