Company Overview:Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator to join our Research Team. CCCN develops, conducts and participates in more than 170 Phase I, Phase II and Phase III clinical research trials each year including genitourinary and gastrointestinal cancer treatments, radiation clinical trials, breast cancer and skin cancer.
Career Opportunity:The Clinical Research Coordinator supports the research team in an administrative and compliance capacity while working directly with some of the best physicians in their fields to develop cutting edge oncology treatments.
The essential functions for the Clinical Research Coordinator include the following:
- Under direct supervision of a physician and nurse (if applicable), is responsible for enlisting, maintaining, and assuring protocol compliance for all patients on clinical trials.
- Collaborates with physician in determining eligibility of patients for clinical trials.
- Ensures site research quality by practicing in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Screens potential patients for protocol eligibility. Presents trial concepts and details to the patients, participates in the informed consent process, and enrolls patients on protocol.
- Coordinates patient care in compliance with protocol requirements. May disburse investigational drug and provide patient teaching regarding administration. Maintains investigational drug accountability.
- In collaboration with the physician, reviews patients for changes in condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug and thoroughly documents all findings.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting. Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
- Maintains regulatory documents in accordance with SOPs and applicable regulations.
- Participates in required training and education programs. Responsible for education of clinic staff regarding clinical research.
- May collaborate with Research Site Leader in the study selection process.
- Additional responsibilities may include working directly with other research bases and/or sponsors.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, families, and clinical staff at all time through compliance with all federal, state, and professional regulatory standards as issued through OSHA and the CDC. Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Associate's degree clinical or scientific related discipline required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience in clinical or scientific related discipline is required, preferably in oncology.
- ACRP or SoCRA certification preferred or willing to obtain within one year.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.