The Clinical Risk Manager is responsible for coordinating clinical risk management programs, patient safety, patient complaints, and data analysis related activities. Participates in the review of accident and incident reports to track trending and develop preventative measures. Identifies potential and actual concerns. Assists with implementing strategies for best practices, providing educational opportunities and risk management support to clinical providers and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential functions below are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position, nor does it restrict the duties which may be assigned to this position if such duties reasonably relate to the position.
- Proactively assists hospital Risk Management Director in the development and delivery of education programs to all employees, including orientation of employees, which involve all components of clinical risk management, risk assessment, risk identification and risk avoidance, to address the risk management process and regulatory guidelines.
- Develops case timelines and assists with in depth analysis of reported incidents, grievances and claims to identify causation, mitigation and improvement opportunities. Communicates relevant clinical risk management findings to the appropriate leadership team members.
- Manages, tracks, trends, and analyzes the frequency and causation of general categories and types of incidents and accidents. Assists with managing and analyzing risk management data including management of online incident report system and tracking incidents to closure. Audits medical records and monitors performance measures for risk management sentinel events, report events and trends. Assists with FMEA, gap analysis, and incident trend analysis.
- Prepares documents and correspondence, demonstrating excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills. Assists with coordination of Patient Safety Committee. Effectively coordinates activities associated with meeting management, transcription of minutes, report generation, and follow-up as assigned.
Core Organizational Values:
We are a coordinated network of hospitals, affiliated medical groups and ancillary health care services working for the benefit of every person who relies on and trusts us for care. Our comprehensive networks aim to provide coordinated, personalized care. Through our affiliated networks, we strive to provide a healing environment and quality care by demonstrating the following organizational core values:
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We honor our commitments and focus on “how it can be done”.
- INNOVATION: We embrace change and continually seek new ways to improve.
- TEAMWORK: We recognize trusting relationships are key to achieving success.
- EXCELLENCE: We are committed to the highest quality and safety standards.
- COMPASSION: We understand and reflect the diverse communities we serve.
- INTEGRITY: We are down-to-earth, honest and approachable.
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California
- 7 years of clinical experience
- Prior risk management/patient safety experience, including experience in trend analysis and report generation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quality Improvement or Med/Mal experience
- Computer Literacy and Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Ability to maintain flexibility and work well in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization