Parsons’ Prevention Program offers clinical and case management services to families with children ages 0-18 who are at risk of foster care placement or who are already in placement with the need for reunification or alternative permanency planning. The goals of the program are to prevent placement, shorten lengths of stay for those children already in placement, and ensure a permanency plan is in place for all children at the time of discharge.
We are searching for a Clinician to work out of our offices in Schenectady, NY.
Specific duties include the following:
- Maintain a caseload of 10-12 families and meet with each family weekly.
- Rapidly engage and sustain engagement of families throughout course of treatment.
- Assess individual(s) and family(s) including use of assessment tools, as appropriate to the position.
- Identify and discuss the strengths, risk factors and service needs which impact the health and safety of the client/family.
- Develop with the family and other service providers mutually agreed upon treatment goals, as well as the methods to achieve goals.
- Schedule and facilitate Family Team Meetings and other service plan reviews to assess progress and identify any needed modifications to treatment planning.
- Provide therapeutic services to children and families using differential treatment modalities, as appropriate to the position.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, case managers and collaterals.
- Provide advocacy, case management, and referral services as indicated.
- Maintain case record and complete all paperwork: status sheets, progress notes, service plans, correspondence, discharge summaries, etc. in accordance with program contract, agency policy, COA and state mandates.
- Masters degree in social work, mental health counseling or equivalent from a graduate school program that is registered by the NYS Department of Education as license-qualifying.
- 0 - 2 years of Post-Masters experience required
- Valid NYS driver's license and access to vehicle required
This position provides the supervision, scope of practice and setting to qualify as experience towards an LMHC or LCSW in New York State.
Parsons Child & Family Center is a member agency of Northern Rivers Family of Services, a family of human service agencies who work together and are committed to helping children, families, and adults. As the parent organization to both Parsons and Northeast Parent & Child Society, Northern Rivers coordinates the quality of care, depth of programs, combined size and passion for the mission to provide care for more than 11,000 people each year in 37 counties throughout New York State.Provide outreach services to children and families in their homes. Flexible hours based on the needs of families being served.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.