Cloud DBA and Storage DevOps Engineer
Randstad Sourceright, in collaboration with Bose Corporation, is seeking a top-notch cloud database and storage expert to be responsible for ensuring that all of the databases supporting our Kubernetes-based cloud platform are fully automated, designed to scale, and highly resilient to faults and performance-degrading events.
The ideal candidate will bring rich knowledge of database administration (DBA) best practices and design patterns, along with a strong software engineering background, and is experienced with high volume, always-on, mission-critical production applications. Typical workloads include MongoDB, CockroachDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, and PostgreSQL.
Bose is transforming the way audio devices interact with the Cloud, creating new experiences for connecting people to what they love the most. We are imagining new data-driven experiences, designing new services, building software architecture and infrastructure, and scaling our solutions to serve millions of users. Join us to invent and build our cloud platform for the 21st century and power the next wave of innovation at Bose.
• The ideal candidate has strong data systems, data storage and development experience, and has worked with modern open source NeoSQL and NoSQL platforms, cloud deployment models and test-driven development in a fast-paced agile environment.
• Automate database updates, backup, recovery, testing, migrations, monitoring, and maintenance
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Define SLA agreements with our DevOps team and other customers of the cloud platform
• Work with DevOps and other teams to troubleshoot data-related problems, find root-causes, implement solutions, and contribute to incident reports
• Be a subject matter expert on database technologies, review change proposals, and contribute to security & operations procedures
• Use open-source software such as Prometheus, Grafana, Python and Ansible to build integrated, automated solutions
• Provide on-call support to triage and resolve issues in production platforms
• Production experience in large-scale NoSQL data infrastructures such as Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
• Application experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, Cockroach DB, MySQL, Amazon RDS, etc.
• Familiarity with cloud infrastructure such as Amazon AWS (preferred), Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
• Familiarity with container orchestration technologies, such as Kubernetes and Docker
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical domain
• 5+ years experience in software development or IT organizations
• 2+ years direct experience with databases, Linux and cloud deployments
Location: Framingham, MA (to start) and Boston, MA (in the Fall)
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.