RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Cloud Engineer in Horsham, Pennsylvania (PA).
We're looking for someone with a deep understanding of Azure and AWS cloud environments. We have a strong focus on centralized management, automation and continuous improvement. You will be joining a team whose responsibility is to make sure the cloud environments are architected properly, are running efficiently, and our customers are receiving the quality of service they've come to expect. You'll be working in an exciting and rapidly expanding environment deploying, monitoring, maintaining, and optimizing our systems while collaborating with a seasoned group of skilled engineers. If you are interested in being a part of a highly technical and innovative team supporting systems at scale in a 24x7 environment, we'd love to talk to you!
- Ensure the availability, scalability and performance of our private and public cloud environments
- Architect, create, and maintain automation code for infrastructure management
- Assist with strategic plans to further adopt both private and public cloud technologies
- Develop and maintain operational documentation and specifications on system builds, disaster recovery documentation, and standard operating procedures
- Commitment to continual improvement of the technical aspects of applications and operations
- Due to the high-availability nature of the environment the role will require after-hours and occasional weekend work to implement patches and/or perform system maintenance
- 5+ years of hands-on experience supporting a production 24x7 environment
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Windows operating systems
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud technologies
- Experience with building servers at scale using automation in public and private cloud environments
- Experience architecting, deploying, and supporting highly-available web service workloads
- Experience coding in PowerShell
- Strong background in Windows-specific services including SQL Server, Citrix, Active Directory, and GPOs (SQL Server AAG experience is a plus)
- Strong background in infrastructure services including DNS, DHCP, and host-based firewalls
- Experience with automation technologies such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Exposure to application development best practices (source control, CI/CD, etc.)
- Experience with and a commitment to producing standardized, deterministic processes through automation
- Experience with and a commitment to knowledge sharing through documentation and collaboration
- Must be able to work independently as well as functioning in a team environment
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership and time management skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.