This is a development and operations position for a senior engineer or team lead.
Key areas of required experience are: SQL; column-oriented, warehouse-scale databases; real-time data transport, storage, and rendering.
Our current infrastructure uses Redshift, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon Kinesis, and Redis.
This is a hands-on position.
With sufficient experience, this can be a technical leadership role.
- Maintain and improve network infrastructure, which brings in data from thousands of remote sensors.
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of our customer-facing services as we scale.
- Be able to create and use automated tools to dynamically change server capacity.
- Be available on call during selected days of the week.
Must Have Skillsets:
- 5 years of software development experience
- 2 years of experience with production databases.
- Experience with real-world, deployed cloud services is required.
- DevOps experience is a plus
- Experience in several of the following:
○ Debugging and troubleshooting server outages and slowdowns.
○ High-throughput data storage and query paradigms.
○ Automated build and deployment systems on cloud platforms, preferably including
○ Services for remote, distributed devices (e.g. IoT).
○ Scripted service scaling based on performance parameters.
○ Capacity planning and architectural design.
Location: San Francisco, CA (south of AT&T Park)