Coach-Mentors is a program with a mission to help adolescents, young adults and adults achieve new found success in everyday life. Coach-Mentors helps clients put into practice the goals they are working on by providing practical assistance in the “real world” between therapy sessions or following discharge from treatment.
About the Position:
Coach-Mentors is recruiting for several part-time Coach-Mentors in the Tampa area to work specifically with young adult male to support his goal of living independently. Positions are available immediately. Coach-Mentors play an active role in motivating, supporting and promoting a client’s achievement of their treatment goals and daily living skills.
Coach-Mentors meet clients at home and in the community at a time and place that is convenient. Day time, evening, and weekend hours are available. Meetings could be after school, before or after work or whenever fits. Meetings occur in environments that lend themselves to natural conversation – a place that’s comfortable for clients and practical for the goals that have been identified. They can take place at home, in a coffee shop, park or while engaging in a healthy, fun and practical activity.
Achievement and goal-oriented, Coach-Mentors focus on getting things done, on accomplishing the task at hand and supporting success. It could be implementing goals or strategies identified in therapy, helping with organizing the multiple priorities of daily life or it could be doing something more fun and physical like a healthy fitness or recreational activity or job search.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience with the opportunity to increase with demonstrated excellence.
- You should be an energetic, confident individual with a positive attitude and capable of motivating others.
- You are relationship oriented, have a unique ability to connect with others and yet have clear, healthy boundaries.
- You should be experienced at supportively holding others accountable and therefore not be conflict avoidant.
- Experience in behavioral healthcare, counseling, and/or working with individuals facing life challenges and/or with mental illness is preferred.
- You must be teachable, flexible and highly dependable, with a strong sense (and demonstrated record) of personal integrity and solid work ethic.
- Individuals with a college degree in psychology, social work or closely related discipline are preferred, those who are in process of completing their degree with several years of relevant work experience are also encouraged to apply.
- You must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org