Pilkington is a highly acclaimed and international organization that hires new graduates as well as experienced professionals who are eager to build their careers. Our Company is dedicated to offering the highest quality products on the market today. We are the world’s leading supplier of glass and glazing systems to the automotive and building sectors.
Tired of the same old grind? Here is a chance to shake things up and push yourself to achieve your full potential. Pilkington leverages the skills and experience of all employees. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. You will work side by side with people you can trust and respect.
Coating Supervisor Primary Duties:
- Supervises the daily operations of hourly employees, assigns daily tasks, and authors shift process report to ensure necessary process manning and pertinent information transfer to maintain expected production levels.
- Manage the production of the coated product by ISO-9000 standards, and work to ensure compliance at all times.
- Helps to train new departmental employees in job responsibilities and work rules, including reviewing safety, quality, and "right-to know" procedures.
- Manage and maintain efficient production by performing tasks including, but not limited to, process and equipment troubleshooting, raw material storage change-out, and operation of hot and cold end thickness/color monitors.
- Maintains required production supplies by writing purchase and stores requisition to acquire necessary equipment and supplies promptly.
- Maintains daily records of, but not limited to, process parameters and/or changes, and personnel records, process performance numbers, and regular maintenance activities.
- Coordinates the efforts of maintenance personnel as required to maintain production equipment, including, but not limited to, supervising maintenance projects, coater rebuilds, and writing work orders for non-emergency repairs and daily projects.
- Promotes Coating department adherence to Pilkington policies related to safety, health, environment, and working conditions to ensure the maximum safety of employees and the surrounding community.
- Maintain positive labor relations with hourly employees and resolves issues of contention, when possible.
- Takes a leadership role in employee involvement and safety coordination for Department, including facilitating employee scheduling for required physical testing.
- Takes a leadership role in employee involvement with the process or procedural innovations, and changes for the department.
- Conducts safety audits as required and holds crew meetings to keep hourly personnel informed as to plant and corporate goals, results, and plans.
- Perform special projects as assigned by Coating Manager or Other Production Management to improve quality and/or yield, reduce cost, and improve training.
- Assists Line Supervisor with thickness, product transition communication with other production departments.
- Adherence to NSG/Pilkington Standards of Business Conduct and its Values and Principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field
- Computer and software proficiency – including strong knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams, multi-task, and take leadership responsibility on projects
- Excellent Mechanical aptitude
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science or Industrial Engineering
- Previous Glass manufacturing experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Exposure to Six Sigma (Green Belt)
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes 401k, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company paid holidays, paid vacations, and education assistance.
Pilkington is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying.