Collections Specialist - Monroeville, PA (Multiple Openings)
We have an opportunity available for a billing/insurance follow up representative. The primary responsibilities of a Medical Collections Specialist are to ensure timely and accurate account payment for outstanding balances while demonstrating excellent customer service to patients, healthcare professionals and insurance carriers.
Responsible for all third party follow-up associated with the dispensing of prescription medication; maintain supporting chronological notes that detail action taken to resolve outstanding account balances.
Researches and responds by telephone, via the Internet and in writing to insurance companies and governmental payers regarding billing issues and problems. Follows up on submitted claims; monitors unpaid claims, initiates appeals and resubmits claims as necessary. Easily identifies payor trends, prepares projects for escalations and all other duties as assigned to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement.
Additional Job Requirements
- 1+ years of experience with collections associated with Medical billing or collections in health care
- Customer Service in a health care environment and with healthcare reimbursement
- Ability to communicate with clientele in a professional manner; both written and verbal
- Proven effective customer service skills and experience that shows ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to navigate through multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize based on importance while displaying strong attention to detail
If you are ready to explore this career move, click the apply button now. Not sure or don't have your resume ready, email me today to discuss further - Tim Mercurio
At Randstad Professionals, people are our business - therefore, we strive to create the best balance between achieving business goals while recognizing the career goals and needs of our employees. While we set high expectations for every associate, each one is also given the autonomy and flexibility to build relationships with clients and candidates to grow their business their way. In other words, we know that success comes in many shapes and sizes - and we celebrate differences among our people.
location: Monroeville, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $14.00 - 15.50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
experience: 0 Years
skills: Credit Collections
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.