RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Collections Specialist in Farmers Branch, Texas (TX).
- Research and reconciliation of open AR to identify and resolve past due invoices
- Initiate collections of past due items via telephone and email in order to reduce past due balances
- Effectively handle high volume of inbound and outbound calls
- Thoroughly note all collection activity, and follow up on item until final resolution is complete
- Negotiate payment arrangements
- Build and maintain a positive business relationship with internal/external customers
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process improvements
- Participate in special projects, and perform other related duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of commercial and/or soft consumer collections experience - institutional (schools) ideal, but not required
- The ideal candidate must have 3+ years of recent experience in a commercial collections environment with a proven record of reducing past due balances
- Able to works with little direct oversight (not someone who needs to be micro-managed); people with supervisory experience demonstrate these skills
- High volume of customers (average portfolio 1,000 accounts)
- Thorough note taking
- Attention to detail with the ability to escalate timely
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Someone who can tune out distractions in their environment-the outside 'noise'
- SAP experience is highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, must be able to effectively communicate with external and external customers
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.