Talascend is currently seeking a College Recruiter for a contract opportunity located in Reston, VA.
- Use forecast staffing data to anticipate future requirements.
- Plan recruitment activities and development pipeline of talent accordingly.
- Work closely with functional representatives to determine when external recruitment will be required in order to address current and near term needs.
- Use existing networks, social media platforms and employee referrals to source suitable candidates for both existing and future needs including strategic hires designed to plug skills gaps within the business.
- Research and recommend appropriate recruitment strategies to function for specific projects and locations.
- Contribute to overall staffing and recruitment strategy.
- Liaise directly with employment agencies to secure relevant candidates for positions which we have not been able to fill ourselves.
- Liaise with line managers to gather additional information about requirements and deal with queries relating to candidates.
- Recommend appropriate hiring terms to function based on knowledge of market, role and candidate.
- Assist in the training of line managers in interview techniques and use of TalentWorks (Client's applicant tracking system).
- Be prepared to assist team mates with specific recruitment challenges if the situation requires.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and spoken.
- Negotiation skills, tenacity and a can-do attitude.
- Willing to travel, as necessary, to support professional and college fairs.
- Proven ability to manage large workloads with multiple work activities occurring at once.
- Intermediate computer skills including data management and analysis and report production (Excel, Word, Access).
- Ability to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- PHR Certification or equivalent.
- Experience working in TalentWorks system.
Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field and 3 years of HR experience or 7 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
If you are interested in other positions with Talascend, please visit our website at www.talascend.com.  ;
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.