The Commercial Analyst is responsible for maintaining current demand forecast and performing various variance analyses each month. This role must balance their business understanding & acumen with analytic & modeling techniques. This position will work closely with the members of the Finance & Commercial Analytics team, and will report to the Manager, Commercial Forecasting.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Account/Customer Interaction Support: Support the development of business relationships with customers and accounts, including reporting, on-going account maintenance, and general account support.
- Forecast Support: Provide support with heavy focus on demand and sales forecasting. Updates forecasting tool monthly based on wins and losses and communicates any changes.
- Departmental Interface: Documents, communicates, and works closely with commercial analytics team, finance, and overall commercial operations team to determine forecast changes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for forecasting product demand and variance analysis
- Produce and communicate monthly variance analysis
- Working with Commercial Operations and finance teams, provide reporting and alignment on sales force performance and impact to forecasting and budgeting
- Customer interfacing support; demand forecasting ; customer service account setup
- Support Field Access Manager through customer reporting and insights with heavy focus on Mayne Market, Eversana, and Specialty Pharmacies.Additional tasks as required by management
- Problem Solving: Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary
- Passion: Evidences passion for the organization, our people, and the difference we make daily in improving the lives and health of people.
- Integrity: Demonstrates the highest commitment to integrity and showing respect for and value all individuals for their diverse backgrounds, experiences, styles, approaches and ideas.
- Empowerment: Finds opportunities to improve and extend their contribution to the organization and their teammates.
- Accountability: Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering business results; setting high standards of performance for self and others.
- Creativity: Explores and advances opportunities to develop novel solutions and approaches to the improvement of processes and services.
- Agility: Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems.
- Attention to Detail: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Advanced Analytics preferred, or Accounting/Finance degree
- High proficiency in database/spreadsheet programs including: Microsoft office and ability to learn new programs as needed
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving capacity
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Previous pharma experience a plus
- Experience with SQL and Business Intelligence platforms (i.e. PowerBI, Tableau) preferred
- Frequent talking, hearing, visual acuity (detail/accuracy), and repetitive motion
Mayne Pharma is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.