Large, busy General Contractor looking for a Superintendent to carry out various projects. This well-known firm has healthcare, restaurants and bank TI in their portfolio and more coming in their pipeline.
Our client is a notable developer / GC combination with strong core values and company culture. They are extremely stable and have a 6 year backlog. This client's primarily focus within the commercial space both in ground up and TI work.
- Performs a working estimate and coordinates a joint take-off with the Project Manager.
- Manage construction risk and liability for the company, including contracts, safety, insurance compliance, and quality control
- Lays out work for subordinate supervisors and lead persons, and is jointly responsible with the Project Manager for having material, tools, equipment, information and appropriate manpower in the proper place.
- Interfaces with representatives of the General Contractor on day to day project scheduling and overall performance issues.
- Provides general supervision to subordinate foremen engaged in the installation of electrical feeders; equipment such as pumps, motors, and generators; control and distribution apparatus such as switch gear, relays, and circuit breaker panels; lighting fixtures and outlets; and related connections and terminations.
- Monitors work as performed, directs subordinate supervisors and crews, and schedules work accordingly
- Handles or oversees the disposition of required office correspondence and administrative paperwork such as official forms, daily reports, time sheets/tickets, safety reports, etc.
- Is responsible overall construction project safety performance. Assures employees are properly trained or instructed in performance of duties to which assigned.
- 10+ years of construction experience
- Previous experience as a superintendent
- Bachelor's Degree in construction management or engineering is a plus
- Proven track record: long term employment, stability in jobs, great references
- Strong leadership skills, detail oriented, strong computer skills
- Ability to train and coordinate a team
- Maintain relationships with clients, vendors and subcontractors
- Knowledge of various construction disciplines, scheduling, cost control, quality control and engineering drawings
- Attractive base salary
- Bonus opportunity based on project completion
- Health insurance including Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k plan with company matching
- Phone, Laptop, Tablet