Growing financial institution north of Boston seeks an experienced credit analyst with formal credit training for their commercial lending department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performing annual review of commercial borrowers and assisting commercial department with report preparation and other duties as requested.
- Recognizing and assessing pertinent risks and identifying the impact of non-financial and external factors, which range from general economic issues to industry and management issues, and may impact the borrower's ability to meet its obligations.
- Gathering and assimilating appropriate data for each credit analysis and determining the need to request additional information in order to complete work assignments on a timely basis, meeting applicable deadlines and working independently. Identifying potential or developing problems within the loan portfolio and recommending action plans and risk rating adjustments as needed.
- Supporting ongoing credit file maintenance and overall commercial loan quality control while assisting the commercial loan origination staff in various related support functions.
- Assisting Commercial Lenders with construction site visits, inspections, customer visits and customer meetings as well as assisting with the appraisal and environmental due diligence review process and structuring commercial loans.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree with specialization in business or finance, in addition to a minimum of 3 + years of experience in a credit analysis role within the banking/financial services industry. Strong understanding of commercial lending financial analysis and business structures, corporate and personal financial statements in order to determine credit worthiness and risk, ability to translate market data and valuation calculations in appraisal reports. Knowledge of CRE, C&I and construction loans. Detail orientation, ability to work successfully with deadlines and time constraints, ability to learn basics of the Bank’s products and services including loan products, self-motivation and decision making skills required. Working knowledge of general banking and lending concepts and principals in addition to strong experience with and understanding of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).