Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Director to work for one of our clients in Manchester, CT on a direct hire basis. This is a very high-visibility role which requires business savvy and someone who is very collaborative. Must be able to maintain good customer relationships as well as have regular conversations with company decision-makers. Must have aerospace background/experience.
This position is responsible for working with all levels and departments of the company to facilitate the front end business processes of the assigned business unit from customer RFQ to order entry. This position is also responsible for, contract administration (including change order administration), and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. This position also owns the contract review process and intercompany transfer process, maintaining accurate customer pricing, resolving invoicing issues and working with customers to resolve issues that may arise during the contract review process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with several members of the customer team and across Sales/Marketing, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, Quality and Operations and interacts across all internal organizations, to include all levels of management.
- Compiles technical packages for new bids and communicates with customers, Customer Account Managers (CAMs), Supply Chain and Engineering to ensure that adequate definition exists for quotation.
- Reviews the respective terms and conditions for addition to bids for commercial contracts.
- Validates that contractual terms and conditions align with submitted proposals.
- Tracks all open quotes to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Works with business development team to secure orders from all customers.
- Prepares bid/no bid presentations and local Paradigm Review Executive Presentations Approvals (PREPs).
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- Comprehensive project management and planning skills. Able to effectively manage multiple assignments.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and good analytical problem solving abilities.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, customer requirements, specification and coordination memos.
- Acute attention to detail required.
- Must have a strong financial discipline in business decision process, be highly organized and extremely versed in all technology related to the job.
- Must have conflict resolution skill set.
- Strong professional grammar skills required.
- Advanced computer literacy with Microsoft Office and an expert in Excel along with MS Office products.
- Ability to communicate accurately and concisely in English, both orally and written.
- Must be able to travel.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Program/Project Management, Finance, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Aerospace Machining Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Purchasing, and/or Program Management.
- Program or project management certification preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret financial and accounting documents and reports.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization and Customers.
Must be very knowledgeable with Excel for estimating purposes
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and have the ability hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Ability to travel via airplane, automobile and other means of transportation.
The noise level in the work environment is usually middling.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Direct hire with benefits
- 1st shift
- Salary range: $130-140K with bonus potential
If interested, please reply with an updated resume along with your hourly salary requirements. If not interested, please share with anyone you know that may be a fit.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.