Job Title: Commercial Loans Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Commercial Loans
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: EX06
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The Commercial Loans Manager is responsible for the generation and management of commercial loans. Develops loans deposits and fee income with both existing and prospective customers. Negotiates loan facilities while balancing the customer’s needs with the Bank’s risk profile growth and earnings goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Analyze the applicant or client’s financial status credit market conditions competition and property evaluations to determine the feasibility of granting loans and under what terms and conditions. Prepare Credit Memorandums and Loan Offering Sheets for approval within specified time limits and refer loan requests outside of those limits to senior management for approval.
- Communicate with applicants and existing clientele to discuss loan applications and to answer questions about the process. Explain to customers and applicants the different types of loans and credit options that are available as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants and existing customers’ credit histories corporate financial statements and other necessary financial information to begin the credit decision process. This would also include ordering collateral valuations if required.
- Review and update credit and loan files as required by loan policy. Monitor Commercial Loan Maturity Reports so as to evaluate the necessary steps as well as financial and collateral information needed to be obtained from the client to underwrite renewals.
- Monitor and participate in the collection efforts of Commercial Loan Officers/Managers to assure the timely collection of all delinquent accounts. Provide direction and assistance as needed or requested in collecting seriously delinquent accounts
- Monitor and maintain a Loan Officer calling program; establish and maintain positive relationships with existing and prospective commercial customers and referral sources.
- Monitor exception reports for follow up by loan officers for correct loan documentation for errors.
- Facilitate and participate in Loan Officer training
- High School Diploma or equivalent
CLICK HERE TO APPLY