Pro Staff is currently looking for Commercial Painters for our client in Pewaukee, WI. This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity!
In this role, you will apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Ability to travel to various worksites, primarily in the Midwest. Overnight travel may be required.
- Smooth surfaces and removes old paint from surfaces to prepare surfaces for painting. This is done through scraping or using sandblasting equipment.
- Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler.
- Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
- Removes fixtures such as pictures and electric switch covers from walls prior to painting.
- Paints surfaces with brushes, spray gun (conventional or airless), or paint rollers.
- Applies paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- 1-3 years painting experience
- Driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and blueprints
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Ability to work at heights from a ladder and a lift
Pro Staff, an Atterro Human Capital Group company, offers short-term to long-term projects, temporary to contract-to-hire, or direct placements. With proven expertise in Administrative/Clerical and Light Industrial/Manufacturing backgrounds, Pro Staff matches the right people with the right career opportunities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.