The Commercial Review Appraiser is responsible for engaging and reviewing external appraisals, and will monitor the appraisal process on all commercial property types. The reviewer will ensure compliance with Bank policies, Federal and State regulations including FIRREA and USPAP and reasonableness of value conclusions. Assignments will be moderate to complex; and coordination of multi-property portfolios is not unusual.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Accept new appraisal requests and reviews them for accuracy and completeness prior to submitting to appraisers for bids.
- Select appropriate appraisers from the Bank’s approved appraiser list to receive bid requests.
- Ensure quality, timely and cost effective valuation products.
- Order external third party appraisal reports.
- Review narrative commercial appraisals and borrower provided documentation for consistency.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of appraisal reports for accuracy, reasonable assumptions, supportable conclusions, appropriate technical analysis, current market conditions, and ensures compliance with policies and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Conduct interviews in multiple markets to confirm data collected by third parties.
- Perform ad hoc market research projects.
- Conduct property site inspections, as needed.
- Qualify external third party appraisers for approved appraiser list, when needed.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with lending staff; provide information, training and assistance, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline.
- 5 years of recent experience in commercial real estate appraisal in both traditional and/or investment bank environments – required. Financial services industry experience in a multi-state environment and experience as an in-house commercial review appraiser within the commercial mortgage industry – preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with the residential appraisal and review process – preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and advanced income property appraisal coursework may be considered.
State Certified-General Real Estate Appraiser designation – required.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service and maintain client relationships, both internally and externally.
- Strong working knowledge of lending practices, policies, procedures, disclosures and terminology related to banking laws, regulatory requirements, and legal documents.
- Strong technical and analytical reasoning skills to synthesize information accurately and effectively to understand and interpret regulatory requirements and appropriately apply principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies to the position.
- Highly developed interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively, clearly and persuasively in a variety of settings, formats, and audiences; with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and follow up skills, demonstrating a strong sense of urgency and ability to execute quickly, timely and efficiently, ensuring that priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal supervision.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient use and understanding of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook), with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Travel is be required. Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance,
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent interruptions during the day.
Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions during site visits and/or appraisal inspections.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, climbing, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.comHelp