Nuvera Fuel Cells is an alternative-power technology company focused on fuel cell stacks and related systems, on-site hydrogen production and dispensing systems for both commercial end-users and OEMs. Located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera manufactures hydrogen supply and fuel cell power products designed for efficiency, safety, and productivity.
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 5,400 people worldwide.
We are seeking a Commodity Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for the on-going identification, qualification, development and maintenance of suppliers. Scope includes materials and components for Production requirements and parts purchased for Aftermarket from multi-national and local suppliers.
This includes :
- Supplier selection and management of all cost control activities (maintain and reduce) for highly engineered, build-to-print items as required to ensure product margins are maintained and improved throughout the product lifecycle. Achieve a 0%-3% net reduction in annualized material purchase cost - once market pricing has been achieved.
- Manage the business relationship between Nuvera and assigned suppliers; managing, establishing, communicating and measuring performance towards Nuvera’s annual performance expectations for quality, delivery, cost, warranty and other key performance indicators. Implement corrective actions with suppliers when expectations are not being met
- Sourcing parts where competitive and consistent with our Global Manufacturing strategy
- Provide support concerning commercial issues for new product development projects.
- Responsible for all production material sourcing decisions for all relevant operations. Provide a liaison between Plants and suppliers. Resolve quality and delivery issues with suppliers
- Implement Global Procurement programs: ACR (Annual Cost Review meetings), APR (Annual Process Review meetings), LCC (Low Cost Country) sourcing and consolidation plans to meet Nuvera’s financial objectives
- Negotiate and maintain Master Supply Agreements (MSA) with key suppliers
- Maintain a level of technical competence that enables strategic evaluation of engineering, manufacturing and quality systems for each supplier
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Cost Management : (Cost Planning + Cost Control)
- Supplier selection and initial price establishment that meets &/or exceeds schedule & cost objectives per project schedules. Negotiate pricing and terms that meet NUVERA’s annual inflation/financial objectives. Develop actions and activities with suppliers resulting in lower cost and/or improved quality
Supply Base Management:
- Establish and maintain assigned global supply base that operates in partnership fashion with NUVERA to jointly deliver the best technology and quality products for the lowest possible Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Develop, maintain and support global &/or regional sourcing strategies (participating as leader &/or team member) that support NUVERA’s Strategies.
Supply Base Performance: (Quality, delivery, cost, warranty & other)
- Improve Supply Base performance to meet or exceed NUVERA Supply Chain Strategic Framework deliverables
New Product Development
- Manage supplier involvement and commercial issues to meet project schedule and cost objectives. Coordinate with Engineering and suppliers at Development centers. Provide support ensuring 100% production readiness to support NUVERA new model launches.
Capability Assessment of New and Existing Suppliers (Global and Domestic)
- Select suppliers that support NUVERA’s objectives, through on-site audits and evaluations of products, operations and systems.
Required Job Qualifications (unless otherwise noted):
BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration or related discipline
Previous Work Experience
Broad Business and Commercial knowledge. 2+ years direct procurement or related experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Broad Purchasing knowledge and skills.
- International and Domestic Purchasing Practices and Procedures.
- Advanced Negotiation and Problem Resolution Skills.
- Business Management Systems (MRP or similar).
- Technical Systems, Applications and Industry Standards of Purchased Commodities
- Software capabilities: MS Office, SAP
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Up to 20%
- May include international
- Ability to work in a typical office environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. (accommodations may be made)