Thompson Coburn LLP currently has an exempt position available in our St. Louis office for a full-time Communications and Content Specialist with two or more years of relevant experience in communications, public relations, or journalism. Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s degree, with a degree in communications, journalism or English strongly preferred. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Provides a consistent and compelling brand message through internal and external written communications.
- Develops and edits sophisticated internal and external marketing, public relations and media communications materials.
- Drafts and posts informational internal news items through the firm’s intranet, including case results, awards and honors, civic and community improvement efforts, internal communications campaigns and HR communications.
- Provides comprehensive communications support to groups and individuals in developing practice descriptions and marketing materials.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads external news and attorney-written content.
- Collaborates with attorneys on updates to their resumes and web bios.
- Uses the firm’s content management system to post and maintain external web content.
- Monitors and makes frequent postings through the firm’s social media accounts.
- Drafts and proofs text for email communications.
- Writes, edits and proofreads marketing collateral.
- Sources and edits photos for use with news and attorney-written content.
- Helps respond to media inquiries.
- Supports PR efforts to promote attorney hires and promotions, case results and transactions.
- Promotes attorneys as sources for print and digital media.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to read, write and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- This is a full time position which requires working in the office a minimum of 40 hours on a regular basis. Oftentimes it may include working outside of normal business hours to ensure completion of position requirements.
- Ability to travel if necessary.
- The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. These include being both mobile and stationary throughout the work day, having the ability to transport 20 pounds and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
Thompson Coburn LLP is a large, full service, multi-state firm with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, and Washington D.C. At Thompson Coburn, our behavior and the expectations we have of ourselves are guided by the values that we hold in the highest regard: integrity, a passion for excellence, a focus on serving the client, a value of diversity, innovation, creativity, trust, and loyalty. Within the Firm, we value each other as people and colleagues. In addition to the exceptional working environment and a competitive salary, Thompson Coburn provides the following benefit options to qualifying employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & ADD policies
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Firm Paid 401(k) & Profit Sharing plans
- Parking/Transportation Stipend
- Section 125 Plan (Pre-tax premiums, dependent care and medical reimbursement)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- College Savings Plan Deductions (529 Plans)
- Long Term Care
Applicants interested in applying to Thompson Coburn LLP are required to complete our online application, which can be found by visiting the site below.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V