Community Health Worker 2 - PMG Proactive Outreach Team
Job Number: 244279
Job Category: Social Work
Providence is calling a Community Health Worker 2 (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Office Park in Portland, OR.
Please note this is a mobile position primarily covering the East Portland Metro area.
We are seeking a Community Health Worker 2 who will serve as a liaison/ link/ intermediary between health/social services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery. CHWs also build individual and community capacity by increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency through a range of activities such as outreach, community education, informal counseling, social support and advocacy (American Public Health Association, 2008). The will also work as part of a care team to effectively address the needs of patients in a collaborative, patient driven manner. The CHW has a good understanding of the various Providence and community based resources and can advise patients on how to best take advantage of these resources. It will support the Proactive Outreach Team (POT) which provides multi-disciplinary, trauma-informed care coordination for high risk, vulnerable Providence Medical Group (PMG) patients and their families. The POT provides short-term, intensive support, advocacy and empowerment. This mobile team of nurses and social workers work to improve primary care access for patients suffering from many combinations of physical and mental health needs, as well as social barriers that impact health.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assists patients in identifying and navigating to and through various health and social resources that will help patients achieve health outcomes.
- Works as part of a collaborative care team to achieve optimal quality, cost and patient experience outcomes.
- Collaborates with patients, clinical staff cross a variety of areas within Providence, and community partners to empower patients in securing the services and supports they need in a longitudinal model of care.
- Records activities in appropriate electronic records to fulfill requirements of measurement, coordination, payment and documentation.
- Provides project management to ensure the successful implementation of patient self-screening for health related social needs across appropriate settings of care.
- Participates in regular meetings of Community Care Coordinators, and in the CHW Community of Practice.
Required qualification for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Credible experience in project management.
- 3 years work experience with healthcare and/or helping professions.
- Current Community Health Worker Certification by the State of Oregon.
- Current driver's license.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.