Foster Premier, Inc. one of the foremost property management companies in the Chicagoland area has an opening for an experienced, licensed Community Manager at a luxury community in the northwest suburbs. Strong interpersonal skills, experience with supervision of staff, ability to work with volunteers and contractors, and solid multi-tasking abilities are essential.
Under limited supervision, oversees and coordinates all property management, maintenance, development, and construction activities associated with a large common interest property owners association. Identifies and evaluates needs as appropriate. Schedules and coordinates facilities usage for a range of activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees the day-to-day operation of Association affairs.
2. Oversees activities of contractors, vendor personnel, and suppliers; Monitors contracts for compliance and controls costs; monitors general expenditures of Community; performs quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contract specifications.
3. Solicits bids for maintenance contractors and projects, and participates in the selections of contractors.
4. Manages facilities usage to members, if applicable; coordinates and schedules the use of facilities for meetings and other special events.
5. Interacts with owners, coordinates, and serves as liaison between Developer and contractors during construction and post-construction activities.
6. Performs quality control inspections to ensure adherence to contract specifications and determine any repairs or maintenance needed and schedule such maintenance or repair.
7. Familiar with the governing documents and Board policies and procedures.
8. Handles all owner and resident requests for services provided by Association.
9. Determines furniture, interior decoration, and signage needs of the Association and presents these recommendations to the Board for consideration and approval. Then coordinates with vendors and contractors, and ensures appropriate and timely installation.
10. Advises owners/Board members on the policy, regulations, and standards relating to the management of particular Association as outlined in governing documents.
11. Process and approve all invoices.
12. Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the Association.
13. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree preferred; and or at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified and an Illinois State CAM License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
2. Ability to maintain a positive, cordial, businesslike relationship with all owners.
3. Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
4. Knowledge of property management principles, procedures, and standards, as applied to common facilities.
5. Project planning skills.
6. Knowledge of contracting process.
7. Ability to develop bid specifications and evaluate bids from contractors.
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
9. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
10. Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
11. Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
12. Ability to coordinate and/or supervise independent contractors.
13. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Possession of a valid driver’s license is a requirement for this job.
Possession of a valid Illinois Community Association Manager License.
Must be available for some evening meetings.
Excellence in management is the reputation that Foster Premier has earned during the twenty-six years of serving over 200 Associations. We take pride in the Licensed Community Association Managers who make up our team. The average time as a part of the team is 15 years!
Foster Premier, Inc. has extensive experience with Condominium, Townhome, Homeowner Associations, and 55+ Community Associations. In fact we are one of the largest managers of 55+ Communities in the Chicagoland area. As a result, Foster Premier, Inc. offers opportunities for advancement within the Company and for placement in management positions best suited to the strengths of the each manager. Additionally, as an expanding and growing management company, Foster Premier is always looking for motivated community association managers.