Responsible for helping to drive the direction of the partnership with UCLA, as the official Banking Partner for UCLA Athletics, Campus Life, Camps Recreation and Alumni. This includes supporting new member acquisition, member onboarding, member retention and further member engagement. This position will support the development and implementation of all products and services necessary to support the partnership and all events and programs associated with UCLA and the Rose Bowl.
This position will also support the Credit Union’s community efforts as it supports our philanthropy efforts.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for managing all events outlined in the UCLA/IMG Contract. This includes on-site presentations and account openings, activation to support the Athletic Events at both the Rose Bowl and Pauley Pavilion, and all other on-campus or Rose Bowl events.
- Also responsible for supporting community events including mobile branch events and events that support the Credit Union’s Philanthropy efforts.
- Responsible for helping schedule and deploy the mobile branch and Little Blue at community events.
- Responsible for finding opportunities for Financial Literacy in the Southern California community, conducting Financial Literacy workshops including Bite of Reality events.
- Identifies products and services needed to support UCLA Students, Faculty and Staff, and Alumni. Works internally to propose and develop the products and services.
- Works with marketing communication to create and coordinate member acquisition campaigns, membership product and services engagement campaigns, and membership retention campaigns.
- Responsible for using appropriate channels to communicate marketing promotions to staff members.
- Responsible for tracking member acquisition, engagement, and retention efforts.
- Must be willing to be available during non-traditional business hours and travel to on-site UCLA and community events.
- Writes, edits, and produces written correspondence including, but not limited to memos, flyers, marketing letter, and sales materials.
- Maintains an awareness of new trends and developments in marketing and financial services products and services and member acquisition.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business and prior experience in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in event management, business development, sports marketing or marketing related field.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and produce high quality work
- Ability to evaluate and enhance operational and process procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines and budgets
- Ability to enable team collaboration with cross-functional teams and hold teams accountable.
Highly proficient with Microsoft applications, including Excel and PowerPoint and mobile devices (iOS and Android). Familiar with desktop publishing software such as Quark, PageMaker, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Solid understanding of using the web and web applications such as social media, blogs, and online marketing.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand about 25% of the time; sit about 75% of the time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet. It is a non-smoking environment.
The above job requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. The marginal functions have not been included. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties as requested by the supervisor and/or management.
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Gym Memberships
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off