Location: Austin, TX, US
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Currently, Broadspectrum North America is rebranding to Ferrovial Services North America; both names may be visible during our rebranding process.
Department: Human Resources FS North America
Number of vacancies: 1
Location: Austin, TX
Strategically directs, develops and implements all health, welfare and retirement plans & programs for the North American sector. The initiatives and goals of this role, is designed and geared towards attracting talent, including the enrichment and retention of employees.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- This role will lead, direct and provide strategy to the North America buinsess with executive management to direct the development and administration of the company’s compensation programs; evaluate positions, establish salary structures, provide guidance to managers on application of program guidelines and pay decisions, analyze pay practices, recommend adjustments and budgets, research and recommend changes to programs and practices, and manage the annual compensation and short term incentive plan program.
- Develop, manage and administer all expatriate compensation policies and individual assignments; estimate assignment costs, analyze pay elements, calculate tax obligations, establish differentials and update as required based on economic movement, select and manage third party international tax service vendor. Work with Human Resource and Financial staff across global divisions to administer pay compliance and expatriate assignment.
- Identify valuable third party compensation and benefit surveys for purchase and/or participation; lead and coordinate participation activities.
- Design, implement, and direct the administration of a variety of employee benefit programs that meet the organization’s employee needs at a cost that is affordable for the company and that meet legal requirements. Research, evaluate and recommend to executive management changes to existing programs or the implementation of new programs.
- Manage the financial recording and reporting of benefit programs including the self-insured health and non-qualified executive profit sharing plans.
- Prepare annual government filings and tax or fee payments in compliance with existing and developing regulations including ERISA, the IRS, and the ACA. Ensure required plan documentation is maintained and distributed to participants as required.
- Evaluate, select, and manage third party vendors responsible for providing data or services used in the management and administration of compensation and benefit programs ensuring that (1) contract obligations are met, (2) programs are administered in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, (3) employees and participants are satisfied with the purchased services, and (4) value is received for cost.
- Develop and direct the creation of communication strategies and tools that inform employees about their benefit opportunities and options to drive value from program investment.
- Responsible for directly supervising employees involved in the administration of employee compensation and benefit programs; hire, terminate, train, develop, and coach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or equivalent
Job Specific Skills:
- Demonstrated subject matter knowledge as may be shown through certification; i.e., SPHR, CCP, CEBS or similar professional designations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects and the associated cultural change that accompanies new programs, processes, or policies.
- Strong technical ability to work with software applications including the development of configurable tables, custom reporting, user security management, interfaces, and ftp transfer.
- Subject matter knowledge, communication ability, and analytical skills acquired throughout the life of this role.
Languages: Fluent in English
- 7+ year’s progressive compensation experience.
- 7+ years of progressive benefits experience with extensive knowledge of legislation impacting such programs
- Business acumen, financial acumen, ethics, influence, initiative, results focus, rigor and stamina
- Director HR
- Site Employees
- Support and Service Functions
- Operations and Management
- External Auditors
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: HR, Compensation, Law, Accounting, Manager, Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Management