Overview: To support the Sr. HR Director and department with HR administration and ongoing and new projects, compensation and payroll process, benefits, HR reporting and other priorities related to all entities in the Americas.
My client is a global fashion retail brand sitting within the luxury goods space. The team consists of 7 HR professionals.
- Prepare the payroll and HR expense budget for the R1, R2 and Budget process. Review actuals, tracking variances, and anticipate changes affecting the budget. Work with Accounting & Finance teams to gather sales figures to project payroll costs. Partner with Global Comp and Ben to ensure usage of tool / excel file is up to date. Completion of payroll bridge for Finance along with commentary and analysis.
- Ensure actuals match on a monthly basis, as well as compare to budget. Meet with Accounting and Finance when needed.
- Partner with Retail teams and Finance to assist with new store proposals (SOP).
- Manage 3 year plan exercise and ensure b, r1, r2 mirror 3 year plan.
- Create compensation scenarios per request from the Sr. HR Director and General Manager, providing multiple proposals and recommendations for pay changes/ structure changes, as required.
- Provide a payroll snapshot for VP Retail West & East with each budget process, so teams can be more autonomous with pay proposals.
- Regularly track employee and compensation changes; review and approve payroll prior to Sr. Director Review, confirming accuracy. Manage payroll consultant and payroll processing
- Manage commission calculation spreadsheet.
- Management of overtime tracking.
- In partnership with HR Associate, manage costs of Temporary Employees
- Monthly payroll review - ensure GM and Sr. HRD are aware of costs by month versus budget, make recommendations as needed
- Constant analysis and proactive ideas on ways to make processes better.
- Assistance with Review process - training of comp tool, setting expectations of how merit review works, ensuring all increases properly updated into tool and we hit global targets.
- Operational tasks as necessary - building tools, ie - support in building review process sheet, company handbook compliance and updates, etc.
- Improve and communicate Worker's Compensation reporting process with HR Associate
- Maintenance of company turnover summary and headcount reports.
- Facilitate items needed for internal visa requests to immigration attorney, work with attorneys as needed for terminations, policy, etc.; tracks visa and legal costs.
- Help international transfers have a smooth transition into the US in partnership with other HRM, the Americas.
- Manage the Global HRIS system with HR Associate ensuring up-to-date at all times and accurate.
- Assist with opening of new stores/regions - creating relationships with external partners/ maintaining them.
- Ensures all HR invoices are accurate and processed to accounting, and costs allocated to the appropriate cost center.
- Provide information for Company Audits - external and internal.
- Plan administrator and main contact for HR Vendors including Worker's Comp/EPLI, 401k, insurance (medical, dental, Life/STD, etc), our financial advisor, etc. Assisting with applications, reporting, and maintenance of plans for all regions in the Americas.
- Partners with Sr. HR Director in benefits renewal meetings/ develops true understanding for benefits process and will be main point person for questions within office (with HR Associate); point person during annual open enrollment process.
- Partners with Payroll Consultant and Accounting to audit benefit billing.
- Manages HR Associate who oversees STD, LTD, Parental Leave timelines and how it affects pay and/or benefits. Sees process through.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business or related field required
- 5-7 years of experience in applicable role
- Proficient in all of Microsoft Office/Suite - considers self very advanced with excel and numbers in general
- Extraordinary ability to multi-task
- Is detail oriented and accurate, yet able to move the needle forward and not get too caught up
- Ability to travel (domestic and international)
- Passion for the brand and a true ambassador for the brand with strong sense of responsibility
- Ideal candidate has work experience in medium sized multinational company or luxury business.
- Ideal candidate has retail experience and has worked with commission structures
- Additional language fluency is a plus
- Adheres to company policy and confidentiality
- Proactively contributes to creating a team atmosphere that is professional, flexible and enjoyable
- Exudes a "no task is too big or too small" attitude, with initiative, commitment, reliability, and positivity. Does not accept mediocrity
- Versatile; embraces change and is consistently able to develop and adapt to the needs of the business.
- Driven to learn and grow
- Grasps new concepts quickly, prioritizes efficiently and is organized
- Exceptional customer service skills along with transparent and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong follow up, follow through and attention to detail to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong knowledge of computer systems/programs
- Very competitive base compensation, bonus, and health insurance
- Employee discount
- Strong team environment