Another Source’s client, Stanford University, is recruiting a Compensation Compliance Program Manager to join their team.
Here’s a little about Stanford University and the position they are recruiting for:
The Staff and Executive Compensation department, a part of University Human Resources at Stanford University, supports the University’s mission in teaching, research, and patient care through providing a fair and competitive staff compensation program that attracts, retains, and rewards high-performing staff at all levels. We partner with HR Managers and senior leaders to implement the program and provide guidance on compensation programs and policies within a decentralized environment.
We are looking for a Compensation Compliance Program Manager to lead the development and implementation of compensation compliance strategies and plans, and coordinate university-wide activities to ensure compliance of the non-academic staff compensation program with federal, state, and local wage and hour regulations. The Program Manager will be a subject matter expertise to HR and business partners to ensure that compliance practices are implemented; provide education and training. Collaborate with counsel to prioritize compliance issues, which includes ongoing proactive monitoring of compliance through regular reviews and audits as well as examining existing compensation policies and procedures to better support compliance, and introduce effective changes to business processes and communication. This is a new position within the Staff and Executive Compensation department reporting to the Sr. Director for Staff Compensation.
- Propose plan for addressing compensation compliance issues comprehensively and consistently within a decentralized environment; integrate into annual compensation program business cycle
- Analyze and audit the effectiveness of compensation-related policies, guidelines, and procedures to determine compliance with federal, state, and local wage and hour regulations; recommend and implement process improvements
- Conduct self-audit compliance reviews and respond to audit requests; perform statistical analyses utilizing existing tools, such as salary surveys, compensation databases, job evaluations, pay reviews, etc., and prepare executive summaries and reports
- Develop and deliver necessary training to HR, business partners and managers; develop materials, resources, and management tools to maintain and expand knowledge of existing and proposed federal, state, and local laws
- Conduct annual audits of salaries to identify any potential problems or non-compliance issues
- Conduct job evaluations analyzing job duties, requirements, and organizational structure; determine job and exemption classifications; develop and/or revise job descriptions
- Conduct cyclical reviews/audits to ensure compliance with compensation programs and monitor program effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience or a combination of education and experience. Seven plus years of compensation experience with an emphasis in compensation compliance with responsibility for program/process improvement and training/education development preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and application of federal, California, and local wage and hour regulations, trends, and relevant best practices in compensation
- Expertise in job evaluation and applying FLSA criteria to determine exemption
- Proven consultation, facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to explain complex and difficult issues while fostering collaboration and acceptance
- Ability to work on diverse problems requiring strong critical thinking, research, analytical, and statistical skills
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement with a solutions orientation
- Ability to build effective and collaborative partnerships with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Effective communications skills (verbal and written) and ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Results-oriented with excellent project management skills
- Experience delivering training in small and large group settings
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
Stanford University is one of the world’s premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.