- Compliance Analyst in Hicksville, NY (preferred) or Waltham, MA
- 6 month contract
- Work closely with partners, business, internal groups and all other stakeholders to ensure sustainable service delivery aligned with IS goals and objectives.
- Instrumental in identification and implementation of improvement opportunities (both process and technical) from risk registers, customer feedback, supplier performance reports and output of incident/problem management processes.
- Work closely with partners, business, internal groups and all other stakeholders to setup and operationalize a sustainable IT audit and compliance management process.
- Strive to gain knowledge and understanding of the client audit and compliance requirements, audit findings and corresponding assigned action items.
- Have shared accountability for closure of audit findings in a timely manner and in a way, that conforms to all quality requirements.
- Setup a continuous risk assessment process to be executed for all applications and platforms with a prioritized schedule based on criticality.
- Contribute towards improving and optimizing Service Delivery within an assigned portfolio of applications or services.
- Partner with senior client IT stakeholders and Eco system suppliers
- Gain knowledge on client's Digital Risk and Security (DR&S) policies and procedures
- Participate in SOX audits and lead action plan for closure of such audit findings
- Understand current system landscape and inherent risks
Plan and lead meetings with eco-system suppliers and DR&S to:
o Arrive at common agreement for plan of action to close audit findings
oEnsure right resources are assigned to the actions
oReview action plan on a regular basis to drive progress
oReview and get confirmation on closure/ remediation of audit findings
- Produce effective audit information and reporting in order to provide insight on operational processes and internal controls for more senior team members
- Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others in order to share audit knowledge and develop technical understanding within discipline
- Establish governance framework for tracking and reporting progress to senior stakeholders
- Drive Continuous Service Improvement from both a technical as well as a process perspective, working closely with Service Owners and other stakeholders
- Act as a functional liaison between the business and IS or eco-system partners
- Participate in service reviews with eco-system partners and provide critical inputs towards achieving service excellence
- A BS/BA college degree or higher in a technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- In depth knowledge of ITIL aligned Service Management principles and processes. ITIL V3 certification is preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Service Management role, with significant exposure to IT audit and compliance
- 5+ years of experience in planning, organizing and delivering impactful service improvements in complex technical environments involving multiple stakeholders.
- Professional certification in an audit and compliance related area, is a plus e.g. CISA, CRISC, CISM.
- Familiarity with industry standard compliance and security frameworks/ regulations – e.g. Data Privacy, SOX, NERC, GDPR, encryption/cryptography standards and other international, federal and state regulations as applicable to the Utility industry.
- Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation
- Ability to drive results with people who are not direct reportees. Strong influencing and persuasive skills based on facts, data and analysis
- Experience of working in a multi-vendor environment and with offshore partner resources.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to build rapport and to articulate complex technical solutions in business terms.
- Ability to influence and build relationships and demonstrate team leadership in all interactions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively with business clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Broad knowledge of a variety of technologies to the point of being able to reasonably direct and/or challenge solutions/proposals from others.