SolAero Technologies Corp. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of highly –efficient radiation-hard solar cells, Coverglass Interconnected Cells (CIC), and solar panels for space power applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to over 170 successful space missions with zero on-orbit failures. The Company’s proven manufacturing capability, technology leadership and unsurpassed reliability makes SolAero the supplier of choice for demanding space programs.
SolAero Technologies Corp. has an immediate need for a Composite Machinist/Tech to assist on a full-time position.
- Under the direction of the Composites fabrication Supervisor, the Machinist/Tech must be capable of working with moderate - minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of working with no manufacturing instructions (other than supervision) to produce complex, close-tolerance, low-quantity components for mechanisms, structures and other experimental, one-of-a-kind projects. To provide excellent manufacturing and fabrication support as required to assigned personnel, and projects. The Composite Machinist/Tech provides hands-on labor for support of machine shop and manufacturing floor. This is position includes hands on training in all Manufacturing processes and is conducted over a six month period.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Performs basic manufacturing duties including lamination lay-up, panel consolidation, tool setup, general assembly functions, and bonding.
- Carries out tasks using basic hand tools including calipers, micrometers, gauge pins, scales, height gauges.
- All other duties as requested.
- Support internal R&D efforts and may fabricate, assemble, disassemble, rework, modify and reassemble various piece-parts, tools, mechanisms and sub-assemblies in accordance with applicable instructions and/or specifications.
- Prefer to have CNC controls experience and be capable of creating programmed tool-paths in Master Cam.
- Prefer to be able to make tool-path edits in Master Cam as well as at the machine control.
- 2 axis lathe and Bridgeport or Summit mill experience preferred.
- Conventional/manual equipment must also be operated and may include horizontal materials and cold saws, pedestal grinders and vertical band saws.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, modified or changed at any time at the Company’s discretion. Changes may be made formally, informally either verbally or in writing.
· High-School diploma or GED.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Ability to listen and take direction.
- Individual must be detail oriented, organized and capable of maintaining a clean clutter-free work area
- Possesses an interest and willingness to learn
- Ability to speak, read, and write English and comprehend written work instructions.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE: WWW.SOLAEROTECH.COM AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AND UPLOAD A RESUME
*MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR GREENCARD HOLDER*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.