COMPUTER ENGINEER I
Phantom Technical Services, a Central Ohio based Control Systems Integration firm, is seeking Computer Engineer I to join its staff.
Software/Database development, programming and installation for Industrial Controls Systems that utilizes research, development techniques and engineering approaches relating to Software Engineering for Control Systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in Installation, Startup, and Commissioning of Computer Applications for Control Systems.
- Participates in System Architecture Development.
- Entry Level Web Design and Application Development.
- Entry Level Database Programming.
- Entry Level Operator Interface Programming (GUI Interfaces).
- Verifies and Validates system architectures and software functions from conception to completion for Controls Related Software Application.
- Testing, debugging, and updating custom Applications.
- Operations & Maintenance Manual Creation and Development utilizing Technical Writing.
- Any other duties, as requested, in support of business needs.
- Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering Technology or related field (or equivalent industry experience).
- 1-2 years’ experience.
- High level proficiency using software development tools and languages.
- Experience with one or more of the following databases: SQL / Oracle / DB2
- Experience with one or more of the following reporting software: Crystal Report / SSRS.
- Experience developing web-based systems is preferred.
- Experience with Controls Engineering systems is preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret documents and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or other schematic format.
- Advanced Engineering Related Math skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems involving several variables (concrete and non-concrete) in standard and non-standard situations.
- Exceptional analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including proven technical writing skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot independently and resolve issues.
- Ability to write accurate reports and correspondence on a routine basis.
- Ability and willingness to deliver high volume & accurate work product in a timely, organized and effective manner.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Proficiency with general Microsoft applications including: Excel, Outlook, Word, Access, Project, and Visio.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds for extended durations and up to 50 -75 pounds for short durations.
- Ability to perform Installation, Startup, and Computer Application Commissioning for periods up to 12 hours a day, as required by customer.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, kneel, stoop for periods up to 12 hours a day during Installation, Startup, and Computer Application Commissioning.
- Ability to work in customer facilities with noise levels at 85 decibels for at least 12 hours a day (hearing protection provided) in climate controlled & non- climate controlled facilities (both indoor and outdoor).
We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Qualified/Interested candidates: send resume w/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phantom Technical Services, Inc.
111 Outerbelt Street
Columbus, Ohio 43213