- Position Summary
Responsible for performing routine computer maintenance and repair.
- Essential Functions
- Perform routine computer maintenance and repair, including but not limited to hardware and software installation, de-installation and troubleshooting. Setup, install, configure, test, move and decommission computers and peripherals according to accepted policies and procedures.
- Make and test network cables and connect devices to the college"s networks, including testing network connectivity.
- Setup, install, configure, test, move and decommission network devices.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
Conditions of Employment
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience installing and removing hardware and software.
- Experience with diagnosing and repairing minor hardware and software issues.
The Successful Candidate will Demonstrate
- Successfully pass a a criminal history Background check prior to employment.
- Ability to lift/move computer equipment weighing up to 30 lbs, using proper lifting techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills; including building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ethics, integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions and meet the demands of the department.
- Good organizational skills and resourcefulness in problem solving.
- Familiarity with technical language.
- Application Process
Application Materials & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Cover letter and Resume.
This is a part time hourly position scheduled to work Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm too 6:00 pm. up to 17 hours per week. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet department needs. The salary is $12.00 per hour. A collective bargaining agreement exists and membership in the Washington Federation of State Employees or payment of a service fee may be required.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and EducatorTacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Beth Brooks, Title II and Title IX, 253-566-5054; Shema Hanebutte, Section 504 Officer, 253-566-6006. Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466 www.tacomacc.edu/careers
Benefits not applicable.
- 01Which best describes your level of education?
02How much experience do you have working with Microsoft Office applications?
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Some College.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
- Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college or university
03Please list the Microsoft applications you are familiar with.04How much experience do you possess in installing and removing hardware and software?
- Some, but less than six (6) months.
- More than six (6) months but less than one (1) year.
- More one (1) year.
05How much experience with diagnosing and repairing minor hardware and software issues?
- Some experience but less than one (1) year.
- At least one (1) year but less than two (2) years.
- Two (2) or more years of experience.
06Please describe your experience diagnosing and repairing minor hardware and software issues.07Are you capable of lift/move computer equipment weighing up to 30 lbs, using proper lifting techniques?
- Some but less than six (6) months.
- More than six (6) months.