You will be responsible for leading a team developing custom applications for healthcare clients that can be later productized and integrated with our core platforms. This Architect will represent the company in front of clients and be responsible for delivery of client technical requirements managing both internal and external development resources. You will also be responsible for fully understanding Northrop Grumman Corporation existing and future technical architecture, infrastructure, and product roadmap and for contributing significant input into the process. This position will lead, develop, document, train, and assign work to developers on the team. Additionally we will count on you to project high energy, to have a passion for state-of-the-art technology, to speak from a technical perspective with clients, our partners, and within the team.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering or other related technical discipline.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience architecting and developing large scale enterprise applications through complete lifecycle.
- Proven track record of successful delivery on mission critical applications
- Hands-on experience in supporting Business Development and Capture, authoring technical content for proposals, etc.
- Advanced level of experience designing, developing and implementing complex applications in various architectures, e.g. Cloud, J2EE, Mainframe, .NET, etc.
- Advanced level of understanding and experience with three or more of the following technologies: AWS Technology stack, J2EE, Angular, COBOL, SQL, IBM product suite (Websphere, IHSHTTP, MQ, WBI), RDBMS (DB2, Oracle, Teradata), ETL Tools and Technologies (Informatica, etc.), Business Analytics (Cognos, MicroStrategy, SAS), Enterprise Identity and Access Management solutions, DevOps tools and technologies, Responsive UI tools and technologies, microservices, etc.
- Knowledge of healthcare enterprise architecture standards, Agile methodologies, and implementation of DevOps
- Strong Object Oriented architecture, development and analytical skills, with the ability to create design patterns, object models and to evaluate architectures.
- Experience leading internal and/or external development teams
- Experience in a product development environment
- Experience with performance testing tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience contributing to program management activities including planning, risk management, and project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements
- Experience managing direct reports including providing guidance to staff based on project goals, organizational goals and company policy
- Experience conducting analysis of alternative courses of action including recommending decisions based on risk/reward criteria for the program
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) is required in order to obtain and maintain required Position of Public Trust clearance
- M.S. in CS or related field or equivalent experience desired
- Experience working on mission critical applications for a Federal Government customer is desirable
- HHSCMSSSANIH experience is highly desirable
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.