Job DescriptionNow Hiring Paving Superintendent for Highly Awarded Heavy Civil Contractor!
The Paving Superintendent will supervise the overall all set-up and placement of high quality concrete pavements on project(s). The Superintendent will be responsible for achieving optimum utilization of the equipment, material and labor, thus, maximizing production and minimizing costs in the area of assigned responsibility. An in-depth knowledge of all contractual requirements, plans and specification will be required. Must understand all quality requirements and be able to ensure crews are trained to perform high quality work.
The Superintendent will be responsible for developing a high performing team that works cooperatively with all owner and subcontractors representatives.
- 5-8 years of relevant, progressively responsible supervisory experience in construction of concrete pavements on highway and airfield project(s) including extensive experience operating and maintaining slipform paving equipment.
- Excellent people skills & works well with others - team player!
- Self starter & educator
- Possesses excellent organizational/coordination skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual Spanish
- Computer Skills must include: Microsoft Office (Excel/Word), Viewpoint experience is a plus
- Experience/knowledge of mechanical/hydraulic/electronic systems on slipform pavers
- Must be able and willing to work on remote projects in Colorado and neighboring states
- Must be able to work under very rigorous conditions - long hours and 6 to 7 days a week at times.
- Good communication skills are required and an ability to focus on tasks at hand, be a self-motivator, and to work well with others.