Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants for a position on the Sustainment and Modernization of Radar Sensors (SMORS) program as a Configuration Management Lead.
** This position will be a Technical Lead **
- Providing direction and oversight for the CM team, in addition to performing many of the day-to-day CM tasks
- Flow-down technical tasking / priorities of Program Management and Chief Engineer
- Establishing milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program risks and obtain solutions to include allocation of resources
- Planning and coordinating preparation of project documentation, such as engineering documentation and drawings, subcontractor specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met.
- Reviewing contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Analyzing proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system.
- Coordinating modification records for management control.
- Establishing change orders and preparing for change authorization and documentation by internal organizations and subcontractors.
- Reviewing and analyzing released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
- Prioritize requests and communicate schedule to all stakeholders including customers
- Collaborate with other team leads
- Perform baseline (product) management, hardware release and replication management, configuration item identification, software builds, and configuration audits
- Control configuration items, product traceability matrices, documents, and software media, CM records, and software libraries
- Verify installation procedures and document software version descriptions
- Perform change management and status identification
- Bachelors degree with 10 years of ConfigurationManagementexperience or 8 years experience with a Masters degree; or 14 years experience in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret clearance is required for this position
- Knowledge of software / hardware configuration, data and change management principles and proficiency in the use of configuration management tools
- Experience with software ConfigurationManagementtools and software management to include baseline management and auditing
- Self-motivated and able to effectively work with all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Windows, MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint programs
- Experience leading a CM team for program with multiple task orders/CLINs
- Experience with Serena Business Manager is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.