ROCKFORD BOARD OF EDUCATION JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: Trainer in a Connected School______________________________________________________________________JOB CODE: 7245Department: EducationSupervisor: Executive Director of Student Services and Alternative LearningDate: July 1, 2014______________________________________________________________________ SUMMARY:
This is a full-time position designed to facilitate communication and to provide services to
the teachers, administrators and students of RPS205. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
None. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Establish good rapport with staff, students and building administrators.
- Analyze various school data and help plan, coordinate and implement “Connected School” interventions.
- Provide training to teachers, administrators and parents in the Connected School Approach.
- Provide ongoing support and mentoring to buildings who adopt the Connected School Approach.
- Communicate behavior intervention plans between all involved parties, including students, administration, teachers and parents.
- Establish and maintain contact with community providers who work with students.
- Assist BIS in making referrals to mental health, substance abuse and medical providers for appropriate services.
- Be aware of social problems that affect the families and be able to help the BIS alleviate the problems that impact school behavior.
- Be available to school staff as a resource for specific problems surrounding Connected Schools.
- Function on an ethical and professional manner at all times, so that confident, respectful and professional relationships can be maintained with staff and administration.
- Play an active role in the Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) school-based planning.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Dress in a business casual manner daily, which includes a tie for make staff and dress pants or dresses for female staff. The goal is to role model respectful dress.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience working with students. EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience working with children and adolescents. Experience with school and/or community systems is necessary. Familiarity with behavior issues, school interventions, juvenile justice, wraparound and local resources is beneficial. SKILLS:
LENGTH OF WORK:
- Outstanding skills in writing, speaking and listening.
- Experience with diversity of cultures and ethnicities.
- Creative, innovative approach to problem solving.
- Passionate about children and the importance of their education.
12 Month REPORTS TO:
Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Education or designee. QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
This description is written primarily for position evaluation purposes. It describes duties and responsibilities, which are representative of the nature and level of work assigned to the position. The principal activities are representative and not necessarily all-inclusive.