Connections Mentoring Coordinator
Youth Care Specialists (Evening/Overnight)
Dobbs Ferry Campus, Westchester New York
Want to work with children? Then join us an exciting and rewarding career. We are an innovative and award winning charity that offers training, benefits and opportunities for growth.
The heart of our work is helping young lives succeed through our “Connections” mentoring program at Children’s Village. Our primary goal is building strong relationships by pairing volunteer mentors and mentees together to provide support and guidance to our youth as they transition from foster care to independent living.
The Connections Mentoring Coordinator will be central to our mission of providing a positive and life changing experience for our youth by leading the development, administration and implementation of “Connections”.
Agency Wide Duties And Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of The Children’s Village by serving as a role model to children and colleagues
- Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting:
Respect for others
A team-centered approach
Maintenance of confidential information
An appreciation of a multicultural workplace
- Participates in agency committees as assigned.
- Complies with all organizational policies and procedures as defined by the Personnel Handbook.
- Communicates appropriate information to other departments in a timely and effective manner.
- Participates in appropriate professional development programs to attain and maintain competency.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Drives the successful enrollment of new youth mentees with mentors, utilizing program design and content and meeting program objectives and measurables
- Recruits and interviews prospective mentor and youth mentees; assesses, selects, pairs and provides onboarding to individuals for participation
- Serves as liaison and key partner to internal departments at The Children’s Village and external partner agencies to enhance communication, collaboration and ensure resource support
- Builds strong alliances and engagement with both public and private agencies and not-for-profit networks in the community to increase awareness and cooperation
- Fosters positive, nurturing relationships, building trust through interest and active engagement with mentors, youth mentees and staff
- Executes recruitment campaigns, sponsorship events, event management and fundraising activities that advance Connections’ mission
- Manages all necessary administrative tasks including data collection, evaluation and follow-up, budgeting, scheduling, and reports for analysis and metrics measurement.
- Delivers program workshops, skills training and onboarding sessions for mentors and youth mentees
- Regularly evaluates all of the above, including performance of program objectives and deliverables, recommending measures for continuous improvements and increased success
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of relevant work experience or minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent interviewing and assessment skills
- Ability to communicate competently and confidently with diverse groups of people, including presentations to large groups
- Strong writing, listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience building successful partnerships; planning and strategy ability
- Detail-oriented and results-driven
- Positive, action-oriented attitude showing initiative, independent thinking and sound judgement
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate others to accomplish their goals
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency and CRM tools
- Social Media proficiency
- Availability and willingness to work occasional evening and weekend hours as programmatic needs arise (approximately 1-6 evening and/or weekend days per month).
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to multiple locations in Westchester County and throughout New York City
- Executive Director of Connections
Training Requirements to Attain Position:
- Agency mandated trainings (up-to-date).
- Position qualifications above.
Training Requirements to Maintain Position
- Agency mandated trainings.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to respond to telephones and other auditory stimulation.
- Ability to evaluate/interpret information and make independent judgments/decisions.
- Ability to maintain a calm, therapeutic environment for children’s safety.
- Ability to communicate in English verbally and written.
Signature of Employee:
Signature of Supervisor: