Construction Assistant Project Manager- Tulsa, OK (ID#14665)
Cherokee Nation Environmental Solutions (CNES) is a construction, environmental, and professional services company that provides clients with custom tailored services that fit their specific needs. Federal government customers benefit from the personal approach that gives them the attention they deserve and the quality they expect. With decades of experience in the service industry, CNES extends its services to all facilities seeking reliable, quality services from a single source provider. CNES is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
The position will assist the Project Manager with designated project(s) to ensure completion within requirements, budget, schedule, etc. and will directly manage smaller and/or less complex construction projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Oversee the day-to-day responsibilities of designated project(s) and provide overall leadership and direction to assigned construction projects.
- For assigned construction projects, will function as a project manager with all of the assigned essential duties and responsibilities of that job.
- As a communications liaison for a project, will provides clear communications of project milestones, change orders and other action items as a communication liaison between the company, the client on-site representatives and subcontractors to ensure projects remain on schedule and on budget.
- Manage tasks against strict timelines and schedules to meet daily and weekly goals.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule and provide schedule reporting.
- Produce daily site reports.
- Compile and maintain the daily quality and safety reports and follows up on items to maintain a safe working environment.
- Facilitate and leads all on-site operations team meetings.
- Develop and administer all site documentation.
- Review subcontractor proposals for scope coverage and requirements including insurance and bonding requirements.
- Ensure subcontractor is compliant per the accepted RFP requirements.
- Create, log, track and review drawings, submittals, punch lists and Requests for Information.
- Prepare, review and edit client and subcontractor invoices; follows up regarding any discrepancy or questions; and recommends for payment.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Position may manage projects without having direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in construction or a related field and 3 to 5 years of experience in federal government project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have previously completed or will complete OSHA Safety training (30 hours) within 30 days of starting in this job. Construction related job experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of corporate, industry and government construction best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to track concurrent activities within one project.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, engineering reports, etc.
- Proficiency in utilized software programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance required per contract.
Work is primarily performed on a job site in a temporary building and, if responsible for multiple projects, will be required to travel to and work on construction project sites.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email " CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com " for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at " CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com " This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.