Job Number: 2018432
Department: Facilities Planning Design
Open Date: 06/22/2018
Close Date: 07/09/18
Responsible for planning, estimating, directing, scheduling, inspecting and coordinating construction activities of multiple campus renovation and maintenance projects to ensure objectives are met within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Manage, monitor and direct contractors, architects, engineers, and consultants for assigned projects.
- Plan, design, schedule and estimate various requests for new construction projects, facility modification/renovations or major maintenance.
- Develop specifications by researching data and referencing applicable codes, regulations and standards.
- Prepare project contract documents, including contract change orders and addendums.
- Meet with project requestors, interpret requests for feasibility, and prioritize projects.
- Assist in developing various reports, plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Keep projects current in FPDC reports.
- Prepare plan review documents.
- Coordinate activities of Physical Plant labor and resources to support projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Verifiable experience with/in/using:
- Construction trade standards, codes, regulations, and laws.
- Type and quantity of various construction materials and at what point in the project sequence they are needed.
- Assessing renovation and major maintenance project scope so that the customer has a clear understanding of what to expect.
- Engineering practices and principles and mechanical theory.
- Hands-on, in-the-field project management throughout all phases of a project (not overseeing a team from an office).
- Mediating challenges between the project customer and the contractor.
Coordinating, prioritizing and managing multiple projects in various phases at any given time (at least 5 projects).
- Reading/interpreting contract documents, technical manuals, complex schematics, blue prints and other construction documents (digital and hard copy).
- Preparing clear, concise, grammatically-accurate documentation/correspondence.
Verifiable knowledge of:
- Planning, drafting, project inspections, and estimating software.
- Designing and design software.
- Experience using RS Means/CostWorks.
- Experience with: building trades software, such as Timberline, Primavera, e-Builder, etc.).
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- Experience with field management of construction/renovation projects in a University or Government setting.
Additional Information to Applicants:
All applicants are required to complete and submit a Qualifications Matrix as part of the resume, along with the online application. Applications that do not include a completed Qualifications Matrix at the time of submittal will not be considered. Send email to email@example.com to receive the Qualifications Matrix to complete and attach with a resume.
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES.
Why work at Texas State?
- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
- Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
- Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining our Texas State Bobcat community, you’ll also work on one of the most beautiful campuses in Texas, with teams that value teamwork.
For additional information and to apply, please visit http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/22744.
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.