The Controller is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Controller supervises a professional team and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Controller performs professional level accounting work in the maintenance and review of fiscal records. The position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions.
This individual is responsible for the general ledger, job cost, bank reconciliations and accounts payable. Additional responsibilities include performing monthly closings, maintenance of accounting files, and preparation/organization of various financial forms, reports, and financial analyses, etc.
• Must have experience with WIP and AIA
• Proven working experience as a Construction Controller, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager.
• Must have 6+ years of experience working in the Construction Industry.
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
• Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to direct and supervise.
• Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
• B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance