Our growing Bowman Consulting team in Chantilly, VA has an opening for a dynamic and proactive Construction Engineer ready to make an immediate impact. As a Construction Engineer leverage your hands-on professional engineering experience and creativity working side by side with clients and partners to tackle design challenges and get Northern Virginia moving!
At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That’s why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
A qualified Construction Engineer will:
- Perform field engineering assignments involving the monitoring and technical evaluation of work in progress at a field construction site
- Establish and maintains liaison with discipline design engineering staff.
- Review and interpret discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and feasibility to perform technical execution of work
- Provide resolution for technical engineering problems within the assigned discipline and coordinates application of solutions.
- Provide technical guidance to site personnel regarding installations
- Ensure that all work within his/her assigned scope of responsibility is installed in accordance with plans, specifications, and industry and quality standards
- Ensure that all tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or construction related field
- Minimum 5 years of post graduate experience in construction engineering, management and inspections
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration or ability to acquire professional registration within six months strongly preferred
- OSHA safety training certification required, or ability to obtain within six months
- Experience managing and coordinating large heavy construction projects
- FHWA or DOT experience required; VDOT experience preferred
- Must be well versed in infrastructure design and construction including wet and dry utilities
- Knowledge of construction codes and regulations
- Familiarity reviewing and interpreting engineering construction drawings and specifications
- Basic understanding of construction means and methods associated with site work, road construction, and utility installation
Qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration.
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate
Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting's engineers, land surveyors and project managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman Consulting Group does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.