Construction Inspector / Junior Engineer
Entry level and experienced junior engineer / construction inspectors needed for established construction inspection / materials testing laboratory with multiple field assignments. Training provided. Vehicle required (expenses paid).
ACI and NECEPT cert in concrete and/or asphalt helpful.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist project managers with existing client relationships related to land development construction and capital improvement projects, public agency coordination, etc.
- Observe construction activities and document conformance with approved construction drawings/plans, project requirements, standards, and specifications. Construction activities generally include utilities, stormwater management facilities, grading, paving, curb, sidewalk, lighting, retaining walls, landscaping, roadway/bridge construction, and buildings.
- Field Inspections of building and highway construction will include soils, foundations, concrete, reinforcing steel, masonry, asphalt pavements, and structural steel. Field testing activities will include preparing concrete cylinder samples, testing the compaction of back fill materials, and taking concrete/asphalt core samples.
- Promptly report exceptions or deviations from approved plans, specifications, and/or construction issues to project manager, construction contractor supervisor, and/or other appropriate party
- Prepare prompt and accurate daily field reports summarizing daily field operations/installations, plan deviations, and corrective actions. Communicate on a regular basis with the project manager
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to obtain, record field data and compile field reports
- Ability to interpret specifications, working drawings and convey intent to contractor
- Possess independence and sound technical judgment
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with all staff, subconsultants and clients
- Confident, enthusiastic team player with a passion to work in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, stay focused, set clear milestones and execute diverse projects simultaneously
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, etc. helpful.
Essential Position Requirements:
- Travel required
- Night and weekend work required ~ Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard hours, as required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Job Type: Part-Time and Full-Time positions available