STRENGTH OF CHARACTER
Why ECS? We have grit. What does that mean for you? That one descriptive word defines our company culture. At ECS, GRIT is made up of four characteristics: guts, resilience, initiative and tenacity. Our boots are made for working. Click here to get an idea of what we’re all about.
PERSEVERANCE WITH PASSION
We focus on developing the people, systems and expertise that allow us to be the consulting firm of choice. Our footprint spans the nation and countless sectors, making us flexible and giving you options. Our passion is to provide high quality services and innovative approaches to our clients. We are looking for problem solvers. Do you have your boots ready?
DRIVE AND DETERMINATION
As a Construction Materials Field Technician, you strive for excellence and have a great eye for detail. You put your construction materials testing expertise to use by performing field and laboratory tests on soils and concrete. Both your internal project managers and external clients are pleased with your evaluations, since documentation is something you take pride in. You go above and beyond in order to ensure that the client receives a quality evaluation and report. Need a little extra training? No worries, we offer paid certifications. We believe our technicians are worth it - and that’s why you’ll have all the opportunity for career growth within our company you’ll want. For highlights of others who have taken their amazing skills and grown their careers with ECS, click here.
You will be part of a dynamic, growing and energized team – and your role is key to the success of ECS. While your job duties may fluctuate day to day, here are some areas we expect to see you excel in:
- Observing and documenting field activities
- Sampling, testing, and inspecting soils, aggregates, concrete, grout, masonry, asphalt, and structural steel placement
- Performing calculations and data reduction of test results along with drafting
- Using field screening equipment and documenting readings
- Reading maps, following directions, and interpreting engineering and construction plans
- Interacting and communicating daily with contractors, technicians, and project managers
- Want to experience what this job really entails? Click here
If you can accomplish the above, your boots are probably ready for walking right into this role. Realistically though, you need the following to be considered:
- High School diploma or GED; BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university will be considered
- 0 – 3 years of experience
- Some serious GRIT and have no problem lifting/carrying 40 – 100 lbs. multiple times a day
- Must be able to provide suitable transportation for use on job sites – Mileage will be reimbursed
PEOPLE ARE OUR FOUNDATION
We love our employees and we show this through providing some great benefits. Click here to see how we show our passion for our people.