Construction/Project Coordinator - Construction Management
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for providing administrative office support for the Regional Construction Manager(s). This position willinvolve standard administrative items, but also requires an individual who is comfortable going into the field to provide communications or guidance to vendors and tenants if needed as well as inspection and progress reporting for a variety of capital and tenant improvement projects. This position requires organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively as well as the ability to work with various software systems includingSharePoint, Avid and Angus, MS Project Schedules and other systems as required.
- Assist and direct vendors and communicate with various team members on progress
- Assist with correspondence/communications with tenants, general contractors, vendors and staff
- Preparation of budgets & cost reports related to new and current projects
- Assist with monthly status reports
- Assist with updating of various tracking systems for construction management
- Manage contract administration including document preparation; assist with bid process of contract services and construction work – data entry and preliminary bid analysis
- Review and code invoices for payment and approval.
- Maintain filing system including plans and various construction documents and contract files
- Work on special projects under supervision the Regional Construction Manager or the VP of Construction Management
- College education or equivalent experience construction and project management
- Prior administrative construction management or property management administrative experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Angus, and/or Avid is desired but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Must work well under deadlines; handle high volume of work; prioritize workflow as needed with little direction, have self-initiation motivation
- Detail-oriented; able to handle multiple projects with extreme professionalism.
- Professional demeanor and ability to discreetly handle confidential and time-sensitive information